Sunday, August 1, 2010

Playing Around

Hi everyone , Well got the dyes
from Kraft Kolor !!. Had a challenging time getting them mixed without dyeing the laundry!!!!!!!
Thanks Marie-Therese for the info about mixing ratios - (5 teaspoons per 250ml. or a bit more for intense colour) . The black is quite a light grey. ... . Think I will double up to see what happens . It takes a little brainpower to get sorted (well did for me) as I don't have a sink in my workroom but a sponge applicator for each color with an ice-cream container and rags worked well. I spent a very pleasant afternoon today just experimenting and doing samples on the fabric I plan to use for my bags. It was just like being back in Rocky ....but I missed the real pleasure of mucking around with our group and not having anyone to chat with or the luxury of Marie -Therese to answer queries . Going solo is always different !
A friend has asked for a bag with quite specific colours so I am going to challenge myself and have a go at combining transfer dye and machine embroidery . I'm really enjoying being surprised by the way the colors mix when printed ,to produce such a range of vibrant colours
Hope you are enjoying the delights of playing around and hope to see your endeavours on the blog soon. Love to know how everyone is going since getting back to the day to day worlds after Rocky. Keen to hear about Marie-Therese's exhibition in Redcliff.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hiya, wow, fantastic work Chris, well done. Those colours are gorgeous.. I've not bought any dyes yet, but did get some paint and played with stencils for another project..
    hugs
    Annette

    ReplyDelete